Monday, November 12, 2007

It's confirmed: we've hit toddlerhood

Yep, today calls for a 2 post day. It must have been deemed Rites of Passage day for Caroline, because I promise you if it's a toddler cliche then it happened today! First she woke up, opened her diaper, and played with her poop without making a sound. Then she climbed up onto the dining room table and destroyed the altered picture frame I'd made the night before. She tore all the flowers off! Later in the morning I caught her with 4 brownies in her hand and one in her mouth. She also got a hold of Josh's deoderant and had it caked underneath her fingernails. After her nap, which was not very long, she decided that she didn't want to wear her tights and skirt, so I let her run around bottomless. No big deal, we've been introducing the potty training concept. Well she had one accident (to be expected, not biggie) and DID pee pee in the potty. For that huge accomplishment she got to choose one piece of candy, a sucker. About 15 min. later she got angry with me, and threw the sucker at me. Tantrum #1 which was followed by #2 and #3. This came after she took my lipstick out of the diaper bag and painted her lips/hands with it! Then came time to make dinner. She was a huge help "stirring". She loves to help cook. Of course, as soon as Josh walks in the door all goes well. So, I guess we've hit toddlerhood. I would say it's "terrible 2s" but she's not 2 yet. And then I'm told that the 3s are worse than the 2s!!! What a rollercoaster of high highs and very low lows. Sigh, it may be a long year in 2008.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Hide your punches! Hehehe!! I know you don't feel this way but that is SO funny!! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, and how sad about the photo frame :( it was so cute!

Unknown said...

umm - yeah - I can totally relate - and it does not end with 2!!

Jana Eubank said...

Sounds pretty normal to me. LOL! I think the Terrible 2's should be changed to the Terrible 18 months, Terrible 30 Months, etc. For me it's always seemed to fall in the middle ???? Go figure. Best wishes! ;)

Anonymous said...

yeah, I've had a few days like that...sounds like she's off to a great start! : )

Anonymous said...

and so are you enjoying THIS season?!?!