Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some coaching and creating

Well, it's official. Volleyball has started back up, and I'm exhausted. BUT I love it, and this season has great potential to be a really fun season. But like I said, I'm exhausted. This SAHM just isn't used to getting everybody packed up, ready, and to the gym everyday by 10am. We usually go out once or twice a week to run errands, so the everyday thing has been tough. AND we have to pack drinks, snacks, play toys, the portable potty....it's not just getting myself to the gym, but the girls and all their "stuff" too. But I'm not complaining either. It's just going to take a little getting used to. And did I say I think it's going to be a great season? Because I think it is!

Enough about that, let me show you what I do in the evenings! I'm totally a nightowl, and I do most of my scrapping at night. (Well, except for last night, I stayed up WAAAY too late reading...)

Two new LOs for ya. This first one I did as a part of the Treasured Hunt contest over at Treasured Scrapbooking. This first challenge had very basic instructions. 1. Use only one photo. 2. Have torn paper 3. Include a 3" or larger circle 4. The journaling must include the phrase, "I wish someone had told me that..."

"Together"




Photobucket

The second LO is my take on sketch #32 at 52 Sketches 52 Weeks.

Photobucket

"Birthday Girl"


The row of flowers in the original sketch really caught my attention, so I went with that idea, but changed them to cupcake medallions instead. To mimic the scalloped border, I used a snippet of Making Memories velvet ribbon under my title.

Well, that's all for today! Off to go get showered and rested up, but then the pool sounds nice too. Hmmmmm.....decisions, decisions.

Hope you're having a great week!

3 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Both of these are gorgeous!!! Love the row of cupcakes at the bottom of the 2nd one!

Deana said...

Very cute LO's! :-)

Unknown said...

wonderful layouts Deanna -- love them! Especially like the way you layered the flowres