Thursday, December 17, 2009

Breakfast with Santa

A few weeks ago we went to a local restaurant to have breakfast with Santa. This is a fundraising event for our local Christian radio station, and so while we're not 100% sure how far we'll push the Santa-bit, we DO like to go to the breakfast to support them. Sooo, even though it was SNOWING outside, we loaded up the girls and went and ate pancakes and bacon with Santa.

Last year, they didn't have a formal picture-taking spot or really a place where kids could even sit on Santa's lap. But this year it was different.


Both girls told him what they wanted.
Sarah Kate was short and sweet. She wants a baby doll.
She ALWAYS wants a baby doll. (I bet we end up with 40.)


Caroline was prepared with her list.
And she kept talking, and talking, and talking....
I thought she'd never stop!
In fact, I was a little embarrassed by all that she wanted.


Then it was a quick hug and we told Santa goodbye.


Or so I thought.
Caroline started walking toward me, stopped mid-way, and exclaimed,
"WAIT! I forgot something!"
I just rolled my eyes. Completely embarrassed this time.
Santa was quite patient. More so than I would've been.






Overall, a nice outing. I was glad we did it and were able to support J103 too. Luckily the snow wasn't completely gone by the time we were finished!

3 comments:

Jason and Gretchen said...

hilarious, kids and their lists!

Jenni said...

What a fun activity!!! ANd how cute is Caroline...had to make sure she said it ALL right?!! Love it!

Jana Eubank said...

What a fun family activity! He's a cute Santa, too! Not scary and fake-looking like some of them. Glad you had a great time! :)