Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nursery decor

Sorry for the long time no post. It's been a little crazy around here to say the least, but for good reason. Everyone's prepping and gearing up for our newest edition to arrive TOMORROW. OMWord! Is this for real?! Yep, tomorrow he'll be here, bright and early tomorrow morning!

And I just wanted to share one last little thing I did for his room. It's a pennant banner I made with the Girls' Paperie "On Holiday" line. When I saw this paperline online I just knew I had to have it for his room. It goes so well with the rest of the plaid, I mean, red and navy! ;) :D :D :D


I kept it really simple. I'm still learning how to do "boy" in scrap, so I figured simple is better. And yes, the lighting is terrible. But I was anxious to post it, afraid I wouldn't have time otherwise.

In other news, my 4 yr. old has become quite observant. Monday in the car she said the following:

C: "Mommy, we're going to have to get a new car soon."
me: "Oh really? Why's that?"
C: "because your belly's getting so big it's almost touching the wheel! We'll have to get a new car to make room for you."

Niiice. Thanks Caroline. Gotta love the honesty!

Well, that's about it. Tomorrow baby McClain will make his entrance into the world and I still feel like I have tons left to do. Like say, pack a bag or his bag. I've got to get on it! But please DO say a little prayer for us. We're praying that his lungs are mature and there won't be any need for the NICU this time around. ;) Also that I only get one stick as far as the spinal block is concerned. It took them 4 tries when I had Caroline, so now I'm a wee bit jumpy about that part of the whole ordeal. But other than that, this seems like old hat to us. Just ready to meet our little guy!

Oh, and I'll try and post pics as soon as I can. Not sure if the hospital has Wi-Fi or not. But I'll find a way to post some. I hope.

5 comments:

Jason and Gretchen said...

Love the banner (and, of course, the name)!! Praying for you guys!

Jana Eubank said...

OH, gosh! Soooo excited for your family! I can't believe sweet Baby McClain will be here tomorrow! Hugs and Best Wishes!!!! :D

the Stork Nest said...

Can't wait to meet him face-to-face. Will be a wonderful day :)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

oh what an exciting time for you!!!! Can't wait to hear of his arrival. Gorgeous banner too xx

Jana said...

Congratulations in advance and best wishes for the delivery of your new bundle of joy!