Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Super busy weekend = bad bad blogger

Good gracious I've been a bad blogger! SO sorry about that! This week we're getting geared up for school. Miss C starts Kindergarten a week from today, and I'm starting to feel the crunch. I'm finding the need, if you can call it that, to cram as much as we can in to the next few days and try to enjoy the last few days of summer. It's hard to believe it's already that time. And I MOST DEFINITELY can't believe C's about to start school!

This weekend we celebrated Dad's birthday at the lake and also my cousin's little boy's birthday with the other side of the family, the girls rode the tube by themselves for the first time, and I walked my first 5K (and stopped to take pictures along the way. heee!) More on that in a sec. All of that made for one tremendous round trip through the state of Alabama. I'm just happy to be home and not have to drive anywhere for a few days. Here's a few shots of how we spent the weekend



Mac at the helm.
The always necessary shot.

And as I mentioned above, I walked my first 5K on Saturday. I WALKED, yes, because the 5K was held as a charity event to help raise money for the Amelia Center. It's so named for my childhood/teenage/as-long-as-I-can-remember best friend, Amelia who was tragically killed in a car accident in 1995. She was supposed to graduate in 96 with the rest of our friends. (I'm a year younger.) Anyway, the 5K was posted on Facebook about a week ago, and as it turns out a good handful of us used it as an excuse to hold our very own reunion. SO, instead of (partially) running the 5K, Kelly and I decided to walk it and catch up while doing so.

They had these signs along the way
remembering the children whose grieving families
havebeen helped by the Amelia Center.

Me and my BF Kelly

Mr. and Mrs. Elliott

Team Sunflower

The great thing is that this 5K is an annual event and so we've all decided that we're going to have a reunion of sorts every year the weekend it's held--spouses, kids, everybody. I'm REALLY looking forward to it already. I felt SOOO good after walking it--not really a runner's high, but a little something thanks to the endorphins. And I LOVED catching up with all my old youth group friends. Several of them ran it and placed in the top for our age group. They inspired me, so next year I'm running it too. I'm determined. Plus, I'm competitive. ;) SO, I ran more than I walked at the park today with the kids in the jogging stroller. And I felt really good about it. Who knows, this may be the start of something for me. ;)

Well, that's about it from me. Maybe now I'll stay caught up. :)

Happy (not at all wordless) Wednesday everyone!


No comments: