Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday Sketch and a girls day away

This past Saturday was Sketch time over at the Bella Blvd. blog, and I made a project with it.

Here's the sketch:
Link
And my card:

I was really drawn to the title portion of the sketch and the way the tags were positioned, half-hidden and staggered, so I used that as the inspiration for my card. I cut out 2 mini flashcards from the "Petite Pieces" paper, then added the chipboard "merry"on top to complete my sentiment. And to give my card a little added oomph, I used strips of miniature heart pattern (found on the "Quadrants" sheet) to make a bow like a Christmas present. It's really fun taking layout sketches and turning them in to cards. I should challenge myself to do it more often, because I really like it!

Also on Saturday, the girls and I got away from the boys a bit and went and saw a production of Beauty and the Beast. It was really fun because we knew kids in the cast, and they were amazing performers.
Me and the girls before we left for the show.


A shot after they're human again. We knew Chip, and 2 girls who were in the ensemble.

And then of course Caroline with Belle. She goes back and forth between Mulan and Belle as her favorite princesses. I love that gap-toothed smile.

And THAT is how we spent our Saturday. Lots of fun! :D


3 comments:

GabyCreates.com said...

Cute card!
Your girls look just beautiful with their pretty red dresses!! How fun to have a girls day out!! They will cherish it!

Carina Lindholm said...

Beautiful card I love that bow!!

Alice Carman said...

That's so cute! I love your bow.