Monday, April 30, 2012

Playing along with the Lily Bee sketch #8

I decided to play along with this month's Lily Bee sketch. It really inspired me to step out of my comfort zone a little, but I enjoyed playing with it and making it my own. But I LOVED playing with their new "Hopscotch" line! It's sooo pretty in real life!

  "Done!"
I chose to shrink the sketch to a smaller size and use one larger photo rather than several smaller ones. And since the sketch was smaller on my page I decided to add a little embellishment touch up in the corner. The argyle repeats the pattern on Mac's vest. ;)  To add a little depth and whimsy I swirled some twine across the page.
 some detail shots:


hint: I used the triangle banner stickers on top of each other to create the argyle diamonds. ;)  You'll be seeing this one again from me. I really like how it turned out. Oh, and I'm a sucker for some argyle. ;) I'm sure you'll be seeing more of IT from me too!

Hope you've started off to a good week!

Happy Monday!


15 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Eeekkk... I love the triangle banners. So adorable! Great take on the sketch. Beautiful!

julie e said...

I love the argyle idea - so creative!

So.Creative said...

So much tenderness in this layout! Love it!

Lilith Eeckels said...

This is fabulous. Love the picture and those triangles/diamonds on the top are just perfect!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Deanna, how clever this is! I love how you used those stickers, I may have to try it!! This is just gorgeous!

Kate Vickers said...

Cute! I love the sketch and youdid a great job with it! Your twine argyle is genius!

Fleursbydesign said...

So cute, love the banners and argyle

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Such an amazing page, Deanna! I love how you added the argyle and the twine. And that photo is precious!

Stacey Michaud said...

fabulous, original and beautiful interpretation!

Sherri said...

Every little thing about this is so great Deanna!

pysselpetra said...

love it - love the colors and the use of the Twine - excellent finish ♥

Diane Payne said...

Great layout! I love how you flipped the sketch!

Unknown said...

This is so fantastic! That argyle is the best. Thanks for playing along with us.

kate blue said...

hey girly! Fantastic! Love the clean crisp feel of it...argyle rocked it!

Lydia said...

Love the creation of argyle, with the diamonds!! Great layout!!