Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cards a Bella

I have two cards up on the Bella Blvd. blog today. I got a little technique-y with them, and it was fun. I challenged myself to create some cards without using any patterned paper. It's not that I don't love Bella paper. No, it's quite the opposite actually. But I was at a point where I felt like all my cards were looking alike, and I was just going through the motions when making them. Thus the self-imposed challenge. Here's what I cooked up:
"Thanks"
  My solution for the no-patterned paper challenge was Bella's Designer washi tape. I'm absolutely smitten with it, I adore it so much! Here I layered several different patterns and emellished with buttons and flowers.

 "Smile"

Since I'd broken out of my card "rut", I decided to go back to some patterned paper for this one but to add a misted mask shape as the foundation. Then I piled on the chipboard, flower, tapes as leaves and flags. This one was a lot of fun to make!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having a fabulous Thursday!


2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

These cards are AMAZING! Love what you did with the Designer Tape! :)

Gretchen said...

cute cards!! maybe i need to issue myself a challenge bc my cards always look the same!